Monday, January 12, 2015
What happens ín cases of stomach flu ínclude írrítatíon and ínflammatíon of many parts of your gastroíntestínal tract. Thís can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and other uncomfortable stomach flu symptoms. If you aren’t able to take ín enough fluids, ít can also lead to dehydratíon. Thís ís partícularly true of young chíldren.
Because so many thíngs can cause ít, you should contact your doctor. You wíll be gíven ínstructíons about what to look for, what to do and when to come ín for a check up. The elderly and young chíldren may need to be seen ríght away to avoíd secondary problems such as dehydration.
Now, as to how to get over ít. In most cases, tíme ís the only answer. You may need supportíve care, but most thíngs you have to swallow wíll probably not stay ín long enough to do any good. Thís ís especíally true íf nausea and vomiting are part of the equatíon.
You should ask your doctor ín advance what to have on hand ín case you or someone ín your famíly develop thís condítíon. Most pedíatrícíans recommend that parents keep oral rehydration fluids avaílable at all tímes. These are readíly avaílable wíthout a prescríptíon.
In the títle of thís artícle, the questíon was asked “can garlic kíll the stomach flu.” In a word, no. It would also be unwíse to take garlíc íf you have any sort of gastrointestinal inflammation or ínflammatíon, as ít could make the sítuatíon worse. Garlíc may have some antívíral functíons, but the írrítatíon ít causes after ingestíon wíll be a hundred tímes worse.
Oatmeal ís one. Íf there ís no nausea or vomiting, try eating a bowl of plaín oatmeal wíthout mílk or cream. Do so slowly, as your body ísn’t goíng to want a lot of stuff híttíng the stomach quíckly.
Lícoríce ís another possíbílíty, but care has to be taken wíth ít. If you are diabetic, use DGL tablets, as there ís a large quantíty of sugar ín thís root. Also, íf you have hígh blood pressure, don’t use ít at all. Thís remedy should not be gíven to young chíldren.
Sports’ drínks could be vítal to preventíng dehydratíon. These were desígned to gíve athletes an edge duríng sportíng events and could help you keep your electrolytes balanced. They usually contaín a lot of sugar, so ask the doctor before begínníng to use them.
It ís a good ídea to talk to your doctor or your chíld’s pedíatrícían at the fírst sígn of thís condítíon. Make sure the doctor knows of any pre-exístíng medícal condítíons as well as any medícatíons/supplements you are on. Thís can help you avoíd any síde effects or drug/herb ínteractíons.
Sunday, December 7, 2014
In the season of frequent illness are.
As we look around us - everyone complains of the "virus" or "cold".
Some cough, others have chills, third vomit ....
In a bad day and we get sick.
How do we know that we have the flu?
Here are the main flu symptoms that are supporting at diagnosis:
- The Full health chills and fever - 39 -40 degrees.
- Pain In joints and muscles
- Full Looseness and adinamiya - are confined to bed
- You Have cough, vomiting, diarrhea
- Skin and visible mucous membranes are pale
Its presence in patients with the same symptoms in our immediate environment - family, friends, colleagues.
In the presence of 3 or more of these symptoms, the first is always required in the diagnosis of influenza.
Common flu symptoms include sudden fever and chills, cough, muscle aches, headache, fatigue and weakness. Influenza patients may complain of a stuffy nose and sore throat. Only chicken soup will not go if you want to treat the flu. Immediately go to the doctor if you notice symptoms of influenza. Treatment with antiviral must begin no later than 2 days after onset of symptoms.
Cold or flu - visit to the doctor
Colds and flu have similar symptoms. It is important to establish the difference between cold and flu and visit your doctor no later than 2 days of onset of symptoms, if you suspect you have the flu.
Cold or flu in children - a visit to the pediatrician
Children are the group that often develops as a result of influenza secondary complications such as bronchitis, otitis, etc.
Influenza infection occurs with many unusual symptoms - sudden onset of high body temperature, severe fatigue, denial of food, dry irritating cough, muscle aches. These symptoms can occur in other acute respiratory diseases. The most reliable diagnosis is evidence of influenza virus by washes of the rhinopharynx, and in a later stage - detection of influenza antibodies in the serum of children.
In all cases appropriate visiting pediatrician to assess the child's condition.
Flu or cold - recognizing symptoms
And cold and flu are viral infections that have similar symptoms, such as cough and sore throat. Cold is usually mild and affects the area of the pharynx, while the flu usually more severe, with symptoms that include sudden onset of fever, accompanied by pain in joints and muscles.
Measures at the first symptoms of flu
At first suspicious signs of influenza should start with plenty of fluid intake (herbal teas, broths), many vitamins - mandatory and vitamin C; lots of fresh fruits and vegetables; monitoring body temperature (especially in children - at least 3-4 times daily).
Relieve the symptoms of flu
How about a nice cup of tea?
Take plenty of fluids - especially hot drinks, which can relieve feelings like a broken.
Vacationing is also essential to deal with the flu, also gives you a good reason to stay up late in bed.
Flu remains infected 3 or 4 days after the onset of symptoms, so I stay at home and be treated to reduce the risk of infecting someone else.
Signs and symptoms of infection with flu A H1N1
Signs of influenza A H1N1 "swine flu" are similar to the flu, including lifting of fever, cough, headache, muscle pain and joint pain, sore throat, runny nose, and sometimes vomiting and diarrhea.
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Infants and the seniors are particularly susceptible to the stomach virus with improved potential for much more serious symptoms. The virus goes into the abdomen and outcomes in nausea or nausea, diarrhoea, nausea, abdomen pain and appetite loss. It usually continues 24 to 72 hours. Specifically Early stomach flu symptoms include abdomen pain, nausea or nausea, complications and quite often a high temperature. Diarrhea and nausea can also be experienced once the malware goes into complete power. While kids suffer from a abdomen malware they can pass it on to others. Using the School of Mich Health System the best way to prevent the propagate of stomach flu is through regular side cleaning.
Signs and warning symptoms and symptoms of abdomen malware usually last five to seven times in kids, and one to two times in grown ups. For kids under a year physician will most likely suggest having an dental rehydration solution such as Pedialyte or Ricelyte which come in various preferences and even in pop sicle form. To support kids keep fluids down small, regular amounts are better than consuming a complete glass. Dr. Frankowski suggests her sufferers to try a half ounce to an ounces every 20 or Half an hour for kids under two and the same amount but every 15 to 20 moments for the kids older than that.
The very best part about it is that the stomach virus is not a certain sickness and will manage on its own after a few times of TLC. Children most regularly get infected in school and play areas. Grownups are usually infected at work on the bus or high traffic areas like shops, events, groups or cafes. Human physical liquid can be moved extremely easily. Therefore it is essential keep a fresh around when working with meals or trembling arms with people and makes sure to completely fresh your arms during the abdomen malware season between Oct and Feb more than regular. Having infected meals or arms is one of the most common ways the malware is passed on from individual to individual. Good cleanliness is the best protection as below.
1. Washing Hands Frequently
It is better to use a non reusable document hand towel than a material hand towel that can harbour viruses. Gastroenteritis outcomes in many visits to the bathing room and parents should be particularly certain to clean kids arms after each trip.
2. Using Hand Better When Detergent and Water are Not Available
Parents can use a side sanitizer made with at least 60 percent alcohol. This guarantees that it can remove the malware that can cause gastroenteritis. Moreover, Children have to fresh their arms before in contact with “community” things such as phones, computer computer keyboard and doorknobs.
3. Being a disinfectant Surfaces
It is essential to fresh areas utilizing non reusable cloths or sponges before disinfecting bathrooms, cleanse manage, drain sink and the light change with special attention by using a swimming pool water bleach-based household cleaner.
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
At the height of the summer talking with a specialist for the most common seasonal diseases and infections.
- Do Enteroviruses are the most common viral infections in the summer?
- Not only are they. For the summer season are typical bacterial intestinal infections. This is quite understandable. But really enteroviruses are one of the causes of diseases in the summer.
- Which people suffer most?
- Children. The infection is transmitted by contaminated hands and by contaminated food. In summer temperatures remain on the food creates an opportunity for growth of microorganisms.
- I frequent during the summer cases of intestinal infections and food poisoning in children?
- During the summer, frequent infections of the gastrointestinal tract. They can be both viral and bacterial. It is quite normal to frequent. Summer temperatures, many people gather in one place allows these infections to spread. Personal care each of us must be very strict - wash your hands regularly, avoid contact with sick people, carefully storing food. Normally in summer and frequent viral intestinal infections, and viral bacterial infections.
- How spend intestinal infection elderly?
- Relatively easy. Nevertheless, there are risks of developing serous meningitis and more serious medical conditions.
- What is your advice?
- When there is fever, diarrheal stools, vomiting, and these symptoms last for more than one day, immediately seek GP.
- What other diseases occur during the summer?
- Mostly hepatitis A. The reason for it are also contaminated water and food products. Summer favors the collection of many people in one place. This allows the spread of infection - and those transmitted by the airborne route, and of those related to food preparation. Contingents who suffer most are children in camps.
- Could you tell us something about conjunctivitis in the summer?
- One of the most common causes of disease in children, and in adults, are adenoviral infections. It is they who cause the development of conjunctivitis of PCF on mezadenit.
- What are Adenoviruses?
- They may also exist in a quiescent state. Then, at a certain challenge - eg. colds or reduce the body's defenses are manifested. In such cases, people should seek the help of your GP. And do not think that probemat is innocent! Of course, can intervene and bacterial infections. But summer temperatures and the sun most often cause adenoviral konkyunktiviti
- Do the warm season in digestive disorders such as diarrhea summer?
- Of course. Eating disorders are a large group of diseases. During the summer, most often confronted with salmonellosis. I repeat: the food must be stored properly in the summer heat! Here I can give
Market sold a lot of quick consumption. If you buy a roast chicken, cream or other product for quick use, consume these foods in the same day, within 12 hours after purchase! Most people do not respect this rule. Usually residues that food put in the refrigerator and used the next day. In summer temperatures in the presence of certain microorganisms dose they multiply and reach the so-called. infective dose. It is usually large and can cause disease.
Most often food poisoning are bacterial origin. Case of salmonellosis. They are becoming more common in the summer.
- When an antibiotic is needed to treat the infection?
- This assesses the general practitioner. One of the wrong things in Bulgaria is the self! I like to say that if one exits and vomit 2-3 times 1-2 times, this is no trouble. Whether this person will drink tea at home, if you give some symptomatic preparation does not matter. Normally the body cope alone with minor intestinal infections. But if you vomit more than 5 times to 10 times and has severe diarrhea, he now needs medical help. That is. Need to be examined by infectious diseases. Water losses lead to electrolyte losses. A compensation of electrolytes should be adjusted by your doctor. No need to look innocent diarrhea or vomiting when more than 4-5 times a day. I wish my message to reach your readers: more than 4-5 vomiting or diarrheal stools require medical supervision! We should not think that diarrhea is a mild disease. We, the doctors, we must be especially attentive to patients. When you lose water and electrolytes, cardiac muscle is threatened. This is especially important for people with chronic diseases (particularly cardiovascular). In such cases untimely measures may lead to death!
- What does healthy nutrition during the summer?
- Fruit, vegetables. In summer the market has enough. Besides good food, we are particularly important good sleep and good rest. If they are missing, you will not succeed in his defense at all harmful agents that circulate this season. The body is important to have as less stress! The food should be varied and rational - it must be present vitamins that are abundant during the summer. We can not just we eat a multivitamin tablet and we think this way we loaded a complex system in your body, which is called immune.
- What to keep kids in the summer?
- Mostly - from sunburns from eating pastries and cakes that have been stored. Should not give products in which there eggs, cream, meat, older than two days! We must protect children from watersheds. In polluted rivers in stagnant water remain enteroviruses. In no case should bathe and play there! In such cases, they absorb water that is contaminated. Thus, at risk of being infected.
- Does the flu in the summer?
- Summer flu is caused precisely by enteroviruses. Currently the country has a circulation of these viruses, which is typical for the season.
- What to take ill in summer flu?
- Symptomatic means. It is very important ongoing relationship with your GP. This connection can also be indirect - by telephone. It is very difficult for a doctor to tell you what to take in mild cases of the summer flu. The approach to each person to be an individual. Can not give general recommendations.
How much this article has been helpful, you can share in the comments box. If you want to express an opinion on gastric flu, stomach flu and summer infections, please send your comments to the subject.
Sunday, June 22, 2014
Food poisoning or food intoxication is an acute condition that occurs after ingestion of food. In these poisoning causes disease penetrates the body through food and manifestations of poisoning began soon after meals. Poisoning may be of biological and non-biological origin.
The infection is caused by bacteria and their toxins. They enter the body through the consumption of food in which pre- multiplied bacteria. Violation of basic hygiene and improper food storage are conducive factors (enablers) for contamination of food. Toxins of certain microbes such as staphylococci are resistant to boiling and digestion, which means that the risk of poisoning is high, even in the heat treatment. The most common culprits in food poisoning are unwashed fruits and vegetables, and spoiled food.
The most common types of food poisoning are divided into three major groups. The first group are microbial intoxications / food toxicoinfections /, the second group are poisoning related to consumption of poisonous plants, the latter group includes intoxication from poisonous chemicals. The most common food poisoning are microbial intoxications. These poisoning are associated with the consumption of foods that are contaminated with pathogenic microorganisms and their toxins.
Types of microbial intoxicationsThe main source of microbial intoxication is well known salmonella. Transmitted by meat, milk, eggs from diseased birds and secondarily contaminated products, bacterium spreads quickly and is very stable. Staph infection is obtained from the formed staphylococcal enterotoxin. Main sources of this infection are humans / through the skin and nasopharynx / and mastitis sick animals - they contaminate milk and thus many dairy and confectionery products.
Kolienterit - contamination of food products with coliform is mostly human - through contaminated hands and food. Poisoning can happen after eating foods that are not stored in the refrigerator. These are for example, meat, egg and fish products. The type and flavor of the food is not changed, by the coliforms.
Botulism is the worst food poisoning. These cases are often fatal. Cause of botulism is organism that forms spores and develop in a low oxygen environment - canned vegetables, sausages, and fish. Commonly found in soil where it falls on the food through unwashed vegetables. It is believed that botulinum toxin is the most potent natural toxins. Usually the food is kind of rotten, but it is possible that there are no visual changes and the food still be infected.
Symptoms of food poisoningSymptoms of food poisoning usually appear two to six hours after ingestion of contaminated food. Typical are abdominal pain, diarrhea that may contain blood. Appear temperature and fever, headache, nausea and vomiting, general weakness and fatigue. Crucial for diarrhea and vomiting is to not get your body dehydrated. Even with severe nausea and vomiting should be taken plenty of fluids to avoid more serious complications of dehydration.
Diagnosing the food poisoningThe patient should thoroughly describe how it feels and what he ate in the last hours. The doctor reviews the stomach, and dehydration due to diarrhea and vomiting is a major sign of intoxication. There are also tests of feces, blood or questionable food that you eat.
Treatment of food poisoningAfter completion of the diagnostic, treatment instituted. In most cases there is no need for the person to remain in the hospital, but when there is severe dehydration that requires hospitalization. The most frequently prescribed medication are antibiotics and cures for fever and vomiting. Also required intake of more water in order to clear the stomach of toxins. Purification effect has activated carbon and yogurt. Patient needs to rest and do not eat the first day after poisoning. Break and taking prescription drugs are sufficient in most cases of food poisoning.
Nutrition in food poisoningFocus on liquids and drink plenty of fluids. Eat light vegetable soups and broths, they are very important for the dehydrated body. Avoid meat and eggs, spicy and heavy foods, fried foods and those with high sugar content. They further irritate the lining of the stomach and can cause new disorder. Avoid poorly cooked products because they are a potential source of bacteria. Emphasize the light paste, cooked rice or wheat.
Prevention of food poisoningThe first step to prevention of poisoning is careful shopping. Buy well -packaged food , if you see that canned or packaged food package is bulging , know that this is a potential hazard. Choose only pasteurized milk and eggs refrigerated . At home must keep eggs chilled , not to let them stay at room temperature. Wash fruits and vegetables well , maintain high level of hygiene in the kitchen.When shopping look carefully at the products expire date. Clean the refrigerator from the forgotten products that are no longer edible. Process the food with care, expose it to heat treatment. In the summer months, be especially careful, because according to the medical statistics, then appears the most food poisoning. In the summer heat, the meat, fish, eggs must be kept in the refrigerator, do not leave them out because they can deteriorate very quickly.
Monday, June 2, 2014
Beware because the end can be fatal!New summer flu threatens human health and brings death. The reason is that viruses are particularly dangerous and are activated by temperature changes. Suffering from flu this summer, if not pay attention to yourself and treat yourself can get severe complications. These are ear infections, pneumonia, tonsillitis very serious and lead to death.
Virologists warned that unlike the winter flu in the summer form of flu no protective equipment. Because pathogens are fragile and can be easily changed. According to health professionals, methods of disease prevention are extremely small. These are adopting immunostimulants, strong and healthy food and avoid contact with people who sneeze, cough and a fever.
New dangerous summer fluThis is serious, if only for seven days the incidence of flu jumped by twenty percent, warn doctors.
In the initial flu symptoms are blown and pimples all over the body of the child. They confuse doctors that children may be suffering from scarlet fever and treated so. If you do not take the necessary measures, the consequences can be severe, even fatal.
Experts say that children born after 2005 are less at risk from swine flu. The reason is that in the vaccines which have their fight against ingredients and forms of otitis.
However, doctors warn that the smallest flu symptoms people should consult a doctor and seek professional help rather than resort to self-medication. In many cases, it can lead to fatal consequences, even to a tragic end.
Saturday, March 29, 2014
new Norovirus strain called Sydney (first discovered in Australia in 2012.). In addition to bad seasonal flu, which rages across the country, this is yet another health threat from which we must guard. I will try to provide you some information useful to reduce the risk of contracting norovirus. First, let me give you some information about this virus.
What is norovirus?
You may have heard that Norovirus is a disease during the cruise because it often breaks out on cruise ships. Norovirus is often confused with "food poisoning" because it can get infected by eating food contaminated with the virus.
Norovirus however, spread on land, annually infects about 20 million people.
Norovirus lasts between 2 and 4 days with vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration. Noroviruses can even resemble flu because both viral diseases have several similar symptoms. However, they are caused by the completely different viruses, and appear differently. Unlike the flu for norovirus has no vaccine and no specific drugs to treat symptoms such as Tamiflu in flu.
How to tell if you have flu or norovirus?
Flu, although similar symptoms with norovirus as nausea / vomiting, fever, muscle aches and fatigue is a viral disease that affects the respiratory system and is accompanied by character sentencing cough. Norovirus is a virus affecting the digestive system and is typically manifested by the following symptoms:
- Rapid onset of stomach cramps, nausea / vomiting / diarrhea
- Noroviruses can lead to severe dehydration complications
Important if you touch a norovirus is to make every effort to make up for lost fluids by drinking small sips of water or eat a few tablespoons of chicken soup, which will contribute to fluid retention in your body.
Dehydration can lead to other complications such as irregular heartbeat from electrolyte imbalance. Can lead to fainting. You may remember the case when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton fainted and hit his head. This was due to norovirus spent her last week. Dehydration can take you to the emergency room for intravenous fluids. Symptoms of dehydration include:
- Dry mouth and throat
- Dizziness, loss of balance upright
- Less urination with darker than normal urine
How to reduce the risk of infection with norovirus
Noroviruses spread in public places where there are crowds. It is the leading cause of disease caused by contaminated food. Particularly vulnerable are public salad bars, buffets offering leafy vegetables, fresh fruit and oysters, mussels and shrimp in which the food is touching many people. Wash your hands for at least 30 seconds with hot water and soap. Hand disinfectants kill the flu virus, but have little effect on norovirus.
With norovirus you catch and fruit and vegetables bought from the supermarket, if grasped by many people. Be sure to thoroughly wash fruits and vegetables before you eat them. Norovirus is often spread by touching contaminated surfaces and then touching a hand to mouth, nose, eyes, where the virus can enter the body. Try not to touch your face, at least not before you wash your hands before.
People infected with norovirus by the moment the virus gets into them and remain infectious after a few days, the symptoms recede. If you are caring for sick norovirus, can reduce the spread of the virus by wearing gloves when collecting his clothes for washing. Wash your laundry at the highest temperature. Use detergent with bleach to clean surfaces in case of vomiting and / or diarrhea.
You can strengthen your own immune system in the following ways:
1. Optimal levels of vitamin D, make sure that your levels of vitamin D were more than 30 ng / dL (this will have to do a blood test). Take 500 mg of vitamin D daily during flu season.
2. Optimal levels of vitamin C. 500-1000 mg vitamin C, in divided doses throughout the day to assist the prevention of viral infections.
3. Optimum nutritious food. Make sure you have enough antioxidants, omega-3 fats, antiviral herbs such as garlic, onion, ginger in food. Also take a good multivitamin additional vitamin D3 and 1-2000 mg omega-3 fatty acids per day.
No need to get sick from norovirus. Following the most basic precautions such as simple hand washing and avoiding touching the face, along with the optimization of food so as to strengthen your immune system will do wonders for maintaining your health and preventing viruses throughout the winter.